FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. How many years has Chic-Boy been in existence?
Chic-Boy Dine-In store has been in existence since 05 May 2010 at Jupiter St., Makati City.
2. How many units are currently in the Chic-Boy system and what of that number are franchised?
There are currently one hundred thirty eight (138) units in the Chic-Boy system, four (4) unit are company owned, while one hundred thirty four (134) units are franchised stores. Furthermore, there are twenty (20) franchised stores that are under construction to date.
3. What items do the units sell?
Our specialties are Cebu Lechon Manok and Cebu Lechon Liempo and other food items such as Chicken Inasal, Inihaw na Liempo, Barbecue, Sisig, Sinigang, Merienda, Side Dishes and Desserts. We have Filipino appetizers like Chicharon Bulaklak, Chicken Skin Chicharon, Crunchy Spicy Squidheads, Tokwa't Baboy and many more. We also serve beer in selected stores.
4. Is there a training program, and, if so, what type of training will I receive?
Yes, upon the acceptance of your franchise agreement and prior to your store opening, you and your staff will receive comprehensive training that covers every aspect of operations including purchasing, product knowledge and processing. This takes place in our company owned store.
5. What are the services a new franchisee receives from Pier One Bar and Grill Holdings Corporation before a store opens?
• Assistance in purchasing of all equipment & fixtures to reduce complications and numerous suppliers or contractors.
• Design & set up of the location for ease of operations.
• Comprehensive training for the franchisee.
• Preparation for the store opening.
6. Who selects the location of my store?
Each Franchisee must select his own location. All potential sites must be submitted to Pier One Bar and Grill Holdings Corporation Head Office for evaluation and approval.
7. What is the investment required?
Franchise Fee is P950,000.00 exclusive of VAT and withholding tax. Total investment ranges from P5M to P6M, depending on the size of the store.
8. What is the monthly Royalty Fee?
The monthly royalty fee is 5% of gross sales plus 2% of gross sales for advertising.
9. What is the length of my franchise agreement?
The initial term of the franchise agreement is 7 years.
10. Who will design my store?
Our accredited architect will be responsible for customizing the design of the store including the architectural plan, electrical plan, mechanical plan, and plumbling plan (signed and sealed). The cost of which shall be for the account of the franchisee.
11. What pre-opening services do you offer?
Prior to opening, Pier One Bar and Grill Holdings Corporation Management Team will assist you with training personnel, ordering equipment and initial inventory. They will also be responsible in arranging for the Store Opening.
12. Is the Franchisee required to purchase all his supplies needed from Chic-Boy?
No. We will provide you with a list of items that we require all our franchisees to purchase directly from our commissary and a list of items you may purchase or outsourced from other suppliers.
13. Why should I purchase a franchise?
The primary advantage of franchising is that it substantially reduces risk. Statistics indicate that in excess of 80% of independent owners ultimately fail whereas franchised owners enjoy 90% success rate.
14. How soon after approval can I expect to open my store?
That primarily depends on the availability of locations in the area you have selected for your store. In some areas, sites have already been chosen, which substantially reduces the time involved.
15. What qualifications do I need to operate a Chic-Boy Store?
The primary qualifications are financial stability and capability combined with a demonstrated work ethic and a desire to succeed. The character and motivation of the franchisee is considered more critical to the performance of the business than the business itself.
16. Do you require hands-on Management from the Franchisee?
Yes we prefer hands-on management.
17. What is the space requirement for a Chic-Boy Dine In Store?
150 to 200 sqms. depending on the market in the area.
18. How long is the payback period?
We cannot control or guarantee the payback period since there are factors that affects these like sales, market potential, investment cost and overhead. As long as the franchisee can manage these factors properly, ROI will be high. In our estimate, the payback period in our Dine- In Stores is 2.5 to 3 years.
19. Can a Franchisee sell other products or provide services not included in the product list?
20. Must a Franchisee put up a company in order to franchise a Chic-Boy outlet?
No. We prefer single proprietorship.
21. Does the Franchisor control the selling price of the franchisees’ goods?
22. Do you require the franchisees to get insurance?
23. Does the commissary extend credit terms to franchisees?
We require our franchisees a non- interest bearing P300K commissary deposit. All ordered items must be paid within 7 days from the date of delivery or upon reaching the amount of the commissary deposit whichever comes first.